APF SEATTLE GATHERING
Global Health Futures:
People, Planet, & Beyond
Thursday, July 27th to Saturday, July 29th, 2017
Our 15th-anniversary gathering is only one month away! Have you registered yet?
Nonmembers are also welcome to attend, but you must register by July 6th to reserve a hotel room.
WHAT: In honor of APF’s fifteenth anniversary, we are returning to the original gathering city to explore the future of health and well-being – of humans and of the planet that sustains us.
AGENDA: We will be examining threats and opportunities facing global health of our bodies, minds, and environment, both natural and built.
Thursday Evening 5pm to 7pm
Registration & Reception
Friday 8:30 am to 5pm Seattle Public Library
Futures of Human Health
Planetary Health: Cities, Oceans, Land
P2P Mentoring/Coaching Circles at Breakfast
Evening Reception at Mithun Architects (Others welcome)
Saturday 9am to 4pm Boeing Museum of Flight (buses to/from hotel 8:30 and 4:00)
New Space and Planets
Science Fiction, New Media, and Futures
Tour Boeing Museum of Flight at lunch (Others welcome)
Little Bigs members’ presentations
Pre-Event: Thursday, Orca Whale Watching, independently coordinated if enough register
Pre-Event: Thursday 3:00- 5:00 pm, Microsoft HoloLens Heads-On Experience, limited spots, leave Hotel Andra at 2pm
Post-Event: Sunday, Mount Rainier Hiking 8am-4pm (3 hour hike, plus driving)
- Chris Lewicki, founder of Planetary Resources, developing asteroid prospecting technology, flight director for Spirit & Opportunity on Mars, two NASA Exceptional Achievement Medals
- Jan Flowers, International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH), University of Washington, CDC, health informatics in developing countries,
- Sarah Chesemore, Gates Foundation, Senior Portfolio Officer, Vaccine Delivery, scenario planning
- Ankur Vora, Gates Foundation, Director, Strategy, Innovation, & Impact, leads the Foundation’s Strategy Team
- Brian Arbogast, Gates Foundation, Director, innovations in sanitation technology and services to the developing world.
- Jason McLennan, founder of Living Future Institute, Living Building Challenge, McLennan Design, sustainable design architect, author of six books, Buckminster Fuller prize winner
- John Delaney, Professor of Oceanography, University of Washington, Jerome M. Paros Endowed Chair in
- Sensor Networks, Director of Regional Scale Nodes
- Marna Kagele, Associate Technical Fellow in Strategic Foresight and Technology Intelligence at Boeing
- Brian Tillotson, Senior Technical Fellow, Chief Engineer Systems Technology at Boeing, over 70 patents
- Brenda Cooper, science fiction author, storyteller, futurist
- Berit Anderson, co-founder & CEO, Scout
- Brett Horvath, co-founder, writer, & editor, Scout
CONFERENCE HOTEL: Hotel Andra Registration code provided in the confirmation email. Rooms are Studios ($299, 1 queen bed) or Superia ($329, 2 double, 1 queen, or 1 king bed). Room block reserved till July 6th. Rooms are limited so reserve early.
REGISTRATION is open. Early Bird rates closed June 1. Hotel Andra group rate ends July 6th.
Members, Standard $549
Members, Students, Emeritus $249
Public, Non-members $649
Single Day Rate (Day 1 or 2) $275
Click Here to View the Event Flyer
Image: Howard Ignatius 2014, Golden Seattle, flickr cc