The second Scenario Planning and Foresight conference, held at Warwick Business School in December 2018, was sub-titled ‘Advancing Theory and Improving Practice’. The keynote speakers were Thomas Chermack, who was talking about his recent book based his research in the Pierre Wack archive in Oxford, and Rene Rohrbeck, who spoke about his work on the effectiveness of foresight. There were also around 65 presentations in a number of streams over the course of the two-day event.
A number of APF members attended, including Wendy Schultz, Adam Gordon, Tanja Hichert, Andrew Curry, Ted Fuller, Jan Klakurka and Bill Irwin. Wendy, Adam, Ted, Jan and Bill all gave presentations.
At the end of the event, Andrew Curry sat down with Wendy Schultz and Tanja Hichert for a conversation about the conference, its content, and its memorable moments. This conversation is the first in an occasional series of Compass podcasts. (Duration: 32 minutes).
Download Audio File
- Wendy Schultz’s conference presentation on the Harman Fan
- GBN’s account of the Montfleur scenarios
- Matt Spaniol’s research page
- The plausibility problem in scenarios
- Thomas Chermack’s book on Pierre Wack which is eye-wateringly expensive
- Rene Rohrbeck’s book on corporate foresight—also eye-wateringly expensive
- Rohrbeck article on the effect of corporate foresight
- Review of Rohrbeck book in the APF Compass newsletter by APF member Alireza Hejazi, in a pre-pub version.