Leavitt & Associates LLC
Coralville / IA / US / North America
- Professional Background
- Master's in Library Science
- Areas of Expertise
- Competitive intelligence, library science, market research
- Other organisation memberships
- Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP)
- Short Biography
- From 2012 to 2015, Judy Leavitt was Strategic Intelligence Manager in Corporate Development at Rockwell Collins in Cedar Rapids, IA. Judy was responsible for strategic research and analysis for growth opportunities in new markets. In addition, she supported enterprise strategic and competitive assessments and chaired the company’s Competitive Intelligence Council. Judy had 32 years of service with Rockwell Collins and more than fifteen years of experience in competitive intelligence roles. In addition to her competitive intelligence responsibilities, Judy was a member of the Rockwell Collins’ Enterprise Risk Management Advisory Council.
A member of Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) since 1995, Judy served on the SCIP Board of Directors from 2002-2005 and was co-coordinator of the SCIP Iowa Chapter. A founding member of SCIP’s Women’s Leadership Council (WLC), Judy received the SCIP Catalyst award for volunteer and leadership contributions to SCIP in 2006 and SCIP’s prestigious Fellows Award in 2008. Judy served on SCIP’s Competitive Intelligence Magazine Editorial Advisory Board in 2007 and the SCIP Competitive Intelligence Foundation Board in 2008. She is a frequent speaker at SCIP and other CI conferences and is the author of two book chapters on competitive intelligence. With Jan Herring, she co-developed the World-Class CI Program Roadmap, which won the SCIP 2009 Best Presentation Award. Their roadmap is described in detail in the article “The Roadmap to a World-Class Competitive Intelligence Program”, in the January/March 2011 issue of CI Magazine.
In addition to her SCIP involvement, Judy has been a member of the Conference Board Council on Competitive Intelligence since 2004, serving on the Membership and Program Committees and as Chair of the Council.
Judy attended Indiana University where she earned a Masters in Library Science degree. She has a B.A. in French from the University of Iowa, and spent a Junior Year Abroad in Grenoble and Rouen, France.
In addition, Judy has more than 20 years of management experience in academic and corporate libraries, and has authored three books on the topic of women in management. She has taught graduate library school courses in competitive intelligence and special libraries at the University of Iowa and a class in competitive intelligence and analysis in the Mt. Mercy University (Cedar Rapids, IA) MBA program.