Totara Strategic Consulting
Wellington 6022, / New Zealand / Oceania
- Professional Background
- Senior commercial strategist
- Areas of Expertise
- Strategic management with emphasis on technology and sustainability
- Other organisation memberships
- As a member of Al Gore's climate change initiative I have done numerous presentations on the nature of climate change and its implications for both business and societies.
- Short Biography
- My background has encompassed the beginnings of IT in the mid-80’s, through banking and channel management to a more recent focus on corporate sustainability. The common theme throughout has been a real inquisitiveness regarding the major sources of organisational change.
My career started in the UK in the technology sector as a marketing strategist with ICL.
After moving to New Zealand in 1996, I transitioned to the banking sector with roles firstly as head of payment strategy and then digital strategy with Bank of New Zealand.
In 2002 I took time out of the corporate sphere to run my own building materials distribution business and learn the essence of the small-business world.
From 2006 with New Zealand Post I led firstly IT strategy and then sustainability strategy for the Postal Service business.
In 2011 I moved into consultancy work that is aimed at helping people and organisations understand significant global shifts in order to develop resilient strategies and plans.
A full breakdown of my roles is available at; nz.linkedin.com/in/philiptate